Saturday, July 16, 2005

Police State?

Lest it seems like all I worry about are clothes, showers and grey hair, I'm also worried about what kind of country my children will grow up in.

Two things are worrying me in particular these days.

First, I'm worried about the fact that journalists are now revealing their confidential sources. What's going to happen to the free press? What's next? Do we lose attorney/client priviledge? Will psychiatrists have to reveal all of their clients' secrets?

Second, I'm worried about the increasing partisanship of American politics. Republicans line up behind republicans, democrats behind demos. It seems to me that people are defending the most indefensible things in the name of their parties. When did everyone lose the ability to think for themselves?

No comments: