Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Birthday Gifts?

I'll just caveat this by saying that at just 2-1/2, Miles hasn't been invited to a whole lot of birthday parties yet... but he received an invitation today that said (in 12 point type) on the back that the birthday boy likes Jojo and company, available at the Disney store and Amazon.com, as well as Elmo and Thomas the Tank Engine. Oh yeah, and that he wears a size 2T. I know you are expected to bring gifts to parties, but it seems a teensy bit wrong to be told what to get. And where to get it.

Is this customary? I can just imagine the stroke my Mom would have if I did that...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Thinking on this more, if I do ever put some gift suggestions on an invitation I will say "Miles likes small toys that don't have little pieces, without lights and that don't make any noise."